How to activate NPS tier II account online (eNPS)
Step 1: Visit eNPS website (https://enps.nsdl.com) and Click on “Tier II Activation”
Step 2: Submit three mandatory details to get OTP
Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN)
Date of Birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format)
Permanent Account Number (PAN)
Step 3: Fill up online all the mandatory details & make online payment (Minimum amount of Rs 1,000)
Step 4: Send the auto-populated form along with copy of PAN & Cancel cheque to NSDL-CRA.
How to activate NPS tier II account through through Nodal Office/POP
Step 1: Fill up Annexure I of CSRF-1
Step 2: Submit the application form along with relevant document to your office/POP-SP
Step 3: Documents required
- Annexure I of CSRF-1
- Copy of PRAN Card
- Copy of PAN & Cancelled Cheque
Step 4: Submit minimum contribution of Rs. 1,000 & take acknowledgement receipt
Features of NPS tier II account
According to the NSDL e-governance website, these are the key features of NPS tier II account.
1. No additional CRA charges for account opening and annual maintenance in respect of Tier II
2. Enjoy unlimited online withdrawals and get credit in your Bank Account depending upon your requirements.
3. Separate Nomination in Tier II account
4. Contribute in Tier account online at www.enps.nsdl.com or deposit your contribution to any POP/POP-SP of your choice.
5. Separate Scheme Preference for Tier II
6. You can changes Scheme Preference twice a year and Pension Fund Managers (PFM) once a year.
7. Two Investment options
a. Active Choice-Individual Funds (E,C,G assets)
b. Auto Choice -Life Cycle Funds
8. Bank details are mandatory for opening Tier II account (Along with cancelled cheque leaf)
9. Minimum contribution amount is Rs.250